Nova Scotia is home to a large percentage of the friendliest people in Canada, even the locals boast about this. Now, imagine the kindness of the inhabitants with more than 100 beaches, lighthouses, seafood that will make you salivate, a marvelous coastline, great sailing and so on; totally incredible, yes? These are some of the things that make Nova Scotia a favorite on most travelers’ list.
Top Things to See and Do
- Hike the Skyline Trail: This is about seven miles in length; you can have this hiking experience either in the afternoon alone or an outing that will last the whole day. It has some incredible views of the bay, and you’ll sometimes come across moose on the way.
- Alexander Keith’s Brewery: You can tour this local brewery or just simply let the animators entertain you in their costumes from 1863. You should try the stout here; it is one of the best breweries in the locale.
- Point Pleasant Park: Have a calm day here with an amazing view of the magnificent ocean. The park is great for picnic. There are various walking paths for running, rollerblading and walking of course. Locals never miss this place when the weather is friendly.
- Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse: The lighthouse at Peggy’s Cove is popular for being one of the most beautiful in the world. If you’ve ever seen a typical lighthouse, you’ll know what to expect from Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse.
- The Cabot Trail: This is one of the most spectacular ocean drives in North America. It loops around Cape Breton Island, passing through Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
- There are some other things to see and do in Nova Scotia, they include:-Kayaking the North River: you can get an enjoyable half-day kayak tour for like 80 CAD
-Attend a summer concert
-Go to the Wolfville Farmer’s Market
-Visit Upper Clemens Park with your kids
-Go whale watching
-Visit New Brunswick or P.E.i
-Visit Maritime Museum of the Atlantic etc.